UGA Elements Profile System
Dear UGA Faculty Members,
The UGA Elements Profile System is the primary source of data regarding the research, scholarship, service, awards and honors of UGA faculty and others. All UGA faculty members are required to confirm or enter information about their scholarly products and professional activities in UGA Elements, and to prepare an Elements Activity Summary (EAS) as part of the annual evaluation process. The purpose of this message is to help you get started, to receive training if you need it, and to update you on improvements to the system.
Log in using your UGA Myid and password at: UGA Elements Faculty Profile System
Upon login, you will find that your profile is populated with:
- UGA appointments, previous degrees, and directory information in the User Profile
- Course and proposal/grant data from UGA’s authoritative teaching and grant-tracking systems
In addition to grants and teaching data, you may have pending publications awaiting approval from the online search tool.
If you are a new user, or you would like a detailed refresher on how to use UGA Elements, please review: First Things to Do for New Users.
NOTE: For information about your deadlines/requirements for annual evaluations, please contact your department, school, or college.
Training and Support
For self-guided help, you can use the system Help section that is accessible after you login, located at the top right corner (below). The Activity Types Defined and What Goes Where? resources are useful in determining where to input your activities. You may also consult with your Elements Faculty Support Representative and other unit faculty.
If you would like face-to-face guidance, group training sessions are available in the schools/colleges/units below. More school/college sessions may become available in the next few weeks. Contact your UGA Elements Administrative Liaison for information about these sessions.
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine
Faculty and Faculty Support Representatives who are unable to attend school/college sessions can participate in one of the open sessions in UGA Training and Development listed below.
You can register at Current Class List or contact HR at 706-542-7062.
- August 22, 2017: 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- August 22, 2017: 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- September 14, 2017: 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- September 14, 2017: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- October 20, 2017: 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- October 20, 2017: 11:00-12:30 p.m.
- November 9, 2017: 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- November 9, 2017: 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- December 4, 2017: 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- December 4, 2017: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Improvements to UGA Elements
Thanks to those of you who completed the Elements Faculty Survey this spring. We have made a number of changes based on your feedback. A full list of new activity types/fields and other upgrades is located at: UGA Elements Release Notes
If you have questions about Elements, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UGA Elements Project Team